Washington County Elementary Volunteer program welcomes you as a partner in the education of our students.
As a volunteer, you are special and the time you offer is a gift to our students and staff.
We offer many different volunteer opportunities so that ALL our parents can be an active participant in your child’s education.
All volunteers are required to have an approved District Background Check on file. These reports are good for five years, so if it’s been awhile since you had one, please contact us. You don’t want to wait until an event comes up to get this done because the wait time could be long and you’ll miss out on that field trip or event you wanted to go on or participate in.
Also, be sure that you have filled out a new Volunteer information sheet with Barbara Pettus so we know what events you are interested in helping with.
If you are not able to make it into the school to help out, please let us know. Occasionally, we will have projects that can be sent home to do.
Below are some examples of ways you can help at WCES:
- Listen to students read
- Work with individual students or small groups to practice a specific skill — sight words, math facts, time, money, oral reading
- Share information about your career, hobby, etc.
- Help out with class projects
- Assist with class parties
- Chaperone field trips
- Help make classroom games (coloring & cutting out materials)
- File papers
- Mentoring students