Hello! Welcome to Washington County Elementary School! As the Principal, it is my honor to share in this developmental stage of your child’s life. We are “Where Commanding Excellence Starts.” My goal is to make sure each student reaches his/her full potential academically while learning to collaborate with others socially. As your child’s principal, you can count on me to do the following:
- Fight for your child. I will pour everything I have into your child’s education. As they grow academically, socially, emotionally, mentally, and physically, I will do everything I can to make sure your child has the resources and support he/she needs to be successful.
- Keep your child’s safety as my #1 priority. In every decision I make, I will consider your child’s safety before I think about anything else. You send your most prized possessions to me every day and I do not take that lightly.
- Set the bar high. Sometimes, this isn’t easy. Holding your student accountable for his/her actions, completing homework, and being responsible is what will prepare them for the rest of their education and life. Their teachers are held accountable for making sure your student grows and is well loved. As parents, we ask you to be responsible for making sure your child is here at school and they are on time, complete their homework, and love them well at home. You should hold me accountable, as well, to insure your student is receiving the absolute best education possible.
- Invite you to the table. As a parent, you are your child’s number one advocate. You have a seat at the table when we discuss your child’s progress, their struggles, and their successes. You are our partner. When we work together, as a TEAM, your child is the one that gains the most! YOU ARE IMPORTANT TO US!
- Provide opportunities for you to join in on your child’s learning journey. We will host Family Literacy Nights, Parent Teacher Conferences, Back to School Bash, Fall Ball, Spring Fling, and many other opportunities for you to join us at school and have fun with your child. When children can associate school as a fun place where they get to hang out with their family, it makes this a safe place to learn and a place with positive memories.
- Communicate clearly, transparently, and often. Open communication between all shareholders helps us to make the best decisions for each child as they learn and grow. Being an example for our students by communicating and working together to solve problems is one of the best skills we can teach our children. A conversation can go a long way and make sure we are all on the same page, aiming for a common goal, which is student success. My door is always open.
Our goal is your student grows tremendously this year. We will have strong emphasis on reading, writing, and math across all content areas. Your student will receive additional supports through GREAT time. Our specials programs will provide a creative outlet for your student through the arts, reading, and physical activity. The teachers at WCES are diligently working to educate the whole child and instill a love for learning and leading. WCES…this is Where Commanding Excellence Starts and we teach students to be GREAT!
Best Regards, Holly D. Elmore,