to Washington County Early Childhood Education!
The mission of the public-school program for three (3) and four (4) year-olds is to provide a developmentally age appropriate curriculum which nurtures self-respect, fosters positive self-esteem, and is in partnership with the family.
Program Eligibility Requirements:
Children who meet at least one of the following criteria are eligible for the Preschool Program:
- 4-year old who will turn 5 AFTER August 1, 2021 who has an educational disability
- 4-year old who will turn 5 AFTER August 1, 2021 who is “At-Risk” based on income guidelines. (Once determined “At-Risk Eligible”, status remains the same for the current school year regardless of change in income.)
- 4-year old who will turn 5 AFTER August 1, 2021 who does not meet eligibility requirements 1 and 2 may attend on a tuition basis as space allows (See Tuition Section for details)
- 3-year old who has an educational disability
****4 year olds who turn 5 on or before August 1, 2021 may not attend preschool.
Students with special needs (delays or disabilities) may only be admitted to the program upon approval of the Admissions and Release Committee (ARC). The (ARC) committee may request additional information and evaluation data before a final eligibility decision is made.
Online Registration Packet:
- Preschool Intake Form
- Required Preschool Documentation Upload
- Tuition-Based Interest Form
- Childcare Interest Form
- Preschool Handbook (printable)
- Physical Exam Form (printable)
- Eye Exam Form (printable)
- Tuition Agreement Form (printable)
The following forms must be turned in BEFORE your child will be assigned a preschool session
- Verification of household income (2020 income tax return or current (within the past two months) pay stubs
- Copy of Utility Bill (Electricity, gas, home phone) for proof of residence
- Child’s Birth Certificate (Official document from Frankfort)
- Child’s Most Recent Valid Immunization Record
- Child’s Most Recent Physical Exam
- Eye Exam (Must be completed by optometrist or ophthalmologist) by January 1, 2022
WCES Preschool Highlights