WASHINGTON COUNTY SCHOOL NON-CERTIFIED
EMERGENCY SUBSTITUTE TEACHER TRAINING
The Washington County School District is offering an 18-hour required training for anyone interested in serving as a substitute teacher. All applicants must:
- Complete Washington County’s online application at washington.kyschools.us under the employment tab in employment opportunities.
- Complete 18 hours of non-certified emergency substitute training.
- Be twenty-five (25) years old OR be enrolled in an approved teacher education program who may be less than twenty-five (25) years old.
- Hold a valid high school diploma or its equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Submit and pass state and federal background checks
- Take a physical exam with TB skin test results
- Have valid forms of state or federal identification
- Complete the online training course prior to October 11, 2018.
- Attend two days of in-person training on October 11-12, 2018.
If interested, register for training before October 10, 2018, by calling Paula Baker at the Washington County Board of Education at (859)-336-5470.